Jorge, Robin, the Whales and Games Team and the discord channel, wish you all a happy holidays season and a superb new year! It’s still somewhat early for that, but it’s never too soon to wish you the best, is it?
I drew this banner to celebrate both the occassion and as a milestone of how far WAG has come since LD36 (and even before)! This drawing features:
- Glade, from Colossorama, made for LD36.
- Hypergal, from Hyper Holomayhem, made for LD37.
- Petty planet, from Petty Puny Planet, made for LD38.
- Joule Thief, from Joule Thief: Charge Your Phone, made for LD39 by @kroltan, but accepted in the Whaleverse canon. Check Kroltan’s LD40 entry here!
- Jazzchan, from Jazzy Beats, made for LD40! Go play it!
- Samurai, from Onigami (In development).
- Engineer, from Blueprint Apocalypse (In development).
- Bandit Leader, from The Farming One, made for the Game Maker Contest 2014, before Whales and Games was even a thing!
- Bikini Boss, from Sunset Shockwave for the Global Game Jam 17.
- Waddleduck, Dapperfish and Grimbox, miscellaneous recurring concepts.
- Polite Whale and Whalechan, from Whales and Games’ social media.
Our holidays are as cheerful as they can be, with the comments we have kept getting on Jazzy Beats. Jorge-boy just replied to a bunch of comments that had piled up. The team is still continuing to play and rate games, and we’re finding some real jewels! It’s been a fantastic game jam! (And yes, this is a very shoehorned pitch, but we do need to keep it relevant to LD40, right?)
Well, it’s all been said and done now. Just a few more days until this whole thing wraps up, so I hope you are doing your best at commenting on other people’s games. One good comment can really lighten somebody else’s day. Happy holidays to y’all! May your new year resolutions become reality! Cheers! ??